When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

- Erma Bombeck

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Geese!!!

I have no picture of what I saw yesterday...but I would like to share a sentiment with you. Yesterday, as I traveled to an appointment, I saw a line of geese flying across the gray, dreary sky. I thought to myself....."why are there so many geese in the sky all of the sudden?" And immediately I wondered what are they fleeing from or where are they flying to? Then, I realized that we are below the blizzard and ice storms that swept across the country. Maybe they were fleeing the storm! The thing that stuck me most was that they were flying in a straight line and not in a "V" formation. In case you didn't know...Geese fly in a "V" formation and they take turns being "The Leader" because the wind behind their wings is swift and "The Leader" helps the others in the swiftness of it's wings and helps the others to fly easier. So, "Why the straight line?" I thought. Then, it struck me. It's cold, very cold, and maybe it's harder to fly in these terrible conditions....maybe the leader was stronger! Maybe "the leader" was in a way, carrying the others in their hard  flight. I like to believe that there are times in every ones life when they are weak and that we have "leaders" who help to carry us on our journey. Being a "Leader" requires great strength and sometimes, when we lose our own strength we need our "Leaders" to help us along in the cold times of our life. So, with that said, I hope that you take the time to be a "leader" to someone who is having a hard time in their life. Because someday....you're gonna need a "Leader" too, a friend, who helps carry you on your journey, to your destination in life.
Love, Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment