When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

- Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My First Card Ever

Above is the front of the card...and a little Birthday gift!

I've been following a "My Birthday Blog Hop" Hosted by Debbie of "Creativity Heals" and many more fine ladies, and since she was the first person to ever invite me to do this, AND because she's a sweet friend of mine, I went into my little creative room and dug out some OLD scrap paper and ribbon and materials and decided I would try to make her a a a birthday card ! There"s a pearl ribbon running down the front but it's hard to see.

Here, on the inside is a velum envelope I made from a template I found  and placed a ticket inside...I love the little pearls on there!
I have no stamps as of yet so I wrote at the bottom
"Here's your ticket to a Happy Birthday"
For my sweet friend Debbie Mentz! of "Creativity Heals"
Love and Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. Ok I am having some kind of computer trpoulbes I have wrote you 3 x's and I keep lossing everything. Anyway I emailed you and told you I love my card I know I'd get you scraping. LOL she you make a great card maker. Mine is beaitful. I can't wait to get and I love your blog but more cake picture ladies will love that. Thank You I appreicate you my friend. Hugs finger crossed this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is your first card ever, it's a really good one...i love using vellum envelopes as well! I think you just gave me an idea...thanks for sharing :)

    PS...Thanks for sharing the post-it note project with your granddaughter...glad she liked it!

    ReplyDelete